Finding Joy In the Wilderness





How many of you have aimlessly wandered through the wilderness of life? You may be walking in an uncomfortable season, going through a transition, or what you once knew. God has snatched right from under you to show you that he is truly the one in control. When you are going through a wilderness, it is hard to not trust your own eyes. But we know that when we choose our faith over our feelings that's when OUR faith can truly take ROOT! You have to learn how to choose your faith, learning how to TRUST beyond what you cannot see. Our human logic doesn't rationalize to understand faith. Your logic cannot get you through your present circumstances. I spent months away at University miserable, lonely, friendless and just dissatisfied with life. The reason for that is because I relied on my circumstances to define me. I was judging others based on how they lined up. However, as Christian it is not our job to judge others we should engage but we need to leave that hard part up to God.



Joy: Gladness not based on circumstance



Hope: A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen;

to trust in confident expectation of God (AV1611)



Learn how to be thankful for what you have. Learn how to be thankful for what you DONT have! You may not have that thing you desire because GOD blocked it. Ask yourself are you ready for it? Could you handle it, if God gave it to you? This is why we need to pursue joy over happiness and delight ourselves in the Lord! What does it mean to delight? Throughout the bible, it tells us to stir ourselves and delight ourselves in the Lord. To desire is to receive great pleasure in and According to the AV1611.com, the King James Version of Delight is defined as 'Delight is more permanent pleasure than joy and not dependent on sudden excitement." (AV 1611). The truth is God hasn't changed his mind about us even we feel distant or don't desire to dwell with him. God's spirit, the Holy Spirit refreshes, renews, and restores. It replenishes our spirit! In Romans, this is made clear "Now may the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace in believing so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!"(Romans 15:13)



Delight: to receive great pleasure in



1. Commit yourself to the process. When we commit to things, we choose to not follow through cause we don't feel like it. We need to learn how not to quit on God and the process. He wants to work on you, prune you, and ultimately work out the kinks so you can be more like Him.



When we choose to quit, we are quitting on both God and ourselves.



2. Joy is not reliant upon our circumstances. Whereas with happiness your circumstances determine your current mood.



Point two sets the tone for a risky narrative. It sets the tone for how we view and live our lives! Jeremiah expounds on the key to delighting in the Lord "You word were found and I ate them, and your words became for me a JOY and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by your name, O Lord of Hosts." (Jeremiah 15:16) (See Also Jeremiah 1:5). This verse is parallel to Jeremiah's verse, the famous verse we all know well. Back then Jeremiah was insecure and wasn't sure of himself, but in this verse, he accepts the call an acknowledges it.



3. Learn to find joy in the little things and don't put so much pressure on yourself!



Your works will not make you right with God. Your goodness will not get you into heaven. God is a God of promise and divine order. We fail each time we try to put so much pressure on ourselves so we won't disappoint God! God knew you before you knew YOU! Whew, that's a whole word. I felt some OIL on that. My point is nothing we do will be perfect, we are human and imperfect beings. Don't think for one minute, you can work yourself into the kingdom. When I struggle with lust, temptation, and rejection. I know that it is God alone who can deliver me. For it is only him who saved me. I love this verse. Jude 1:24-25 states this "Now to him[God who can keep you from stumbling and make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with Great Joy, to the only God our Savior through Jesus, and our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time now and forever! (Jude 1:24-25).



There is a lot in this verse but I don't think we understand how important and powerful this verse. It tells us just how powerful and mighty God is. He is the only one to keep us. He is the only one that can keep us from falling not our works. God is all-mighty and all-powerful. Since the beginning of time. He created time. Lastly, God is the author of time and our lives. He should remain at the center as the core of our lives because everything started with him and was created by him!



Majesty: dignity or beauty in greatness or appearance



Dominion: Sovereign or in control



Authority: Legal power or right to command



4. Delight yourself in the Lord continually.



We must be able to find great pleasure in the Lord. Eventually, we have to stop feasting on milk and turn to meat. God wants us to grow us up so that we can arrive at a place in which we are spiritually mature. Finding joy and delight is the prerequisite to freedom. What does it mean to be free? We all have some demons and bondages but we aren't suppose this way.



Freedom: in your mind and will



1. A state of exemption from the power or control of another; liberty; exemption from slavery, servitude or confinement.

2. Ease or facility of doing anything. He speaks or acts with freedom. (Both from AV1611.com)

"These chains could never hold you, someone like you. I think its time you finally break free to and become all that God called you to be." - Nikia

Declarations:

·     I will choose joy over happiness

·     Delayed gratification is my satisfaction

·     I choose wholeness over satisfaction

·     I am no longer defined by my mistakes

·     Even here, I can still trust God.

Prayer: Dear God, I have struggled to find joy in my life. Help me to choose you over and over again. Help me to die to my flesh and give myself over to you. You are present and every working in my life. Jesus, I thank you and I trust you. I thank you for what you have done and every blessing. Father, I place my life In your hands.

Love Always, Nikia
Founder of The Purpose Room






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

Execution is Key: The Time is NOW!