He Is the God of Turn AROUND!







Have you tried Jesus? Hes alrightttt! Have you tried my Jesus? He's alright! If you growed up Church of God in Christ like I did you heard this song many times. The point however is that he is STILL GOOD! Its a southern thing to say that "Jesus is alright!"  ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! *Claps Hands*. This has been a rough year but I am proof that he is the God of turn around. He is a God of purpose and clarity. In the midst of everything don't turn back, but cling to the promises of God.

I am a full time student, I work two jobs, and I am a student leader on campus. So my days usually end at 6pm or at the library as I force myself to study! Haha. Life gets hard trying to juggle everything, manage time and school, family, eat right, and manage to get  eight hours of sleep. On top of all that, life is generally stressful. I have found this year the importance of tending to your mental health and getting the proper rest your body needs. This has been a long semester for me. Honestly, I have felt all of these 15 weeks and from week to week GOD has honestly kept me!

I dont always feel like getting up, going to class or work, or following through with a student leadership event but I made a commitment and that is what I keep in mind. In addition to being at 15 credit hours this semester, I moved three times. I returned to my old dorm in September, then I moved again in October, and Lastly in my current apartment almost a month ago. I realized the need for adulting and the beauty and reality of growing up. College is about having the ability to adapt and constantly being in transitions. its almost as if you have to get ready for it. Every few months something is changing. This summer I will be graduating and it is scary! I will be entering the real world, with real bills and full-time employment. As ready as I am, It is a whole new transition.

My semester has been academically and financially challenging between having not the best if professors and just the course load. I thought surely I was going to fail my polticial science class but i am currently passing and making every effort to pass the final. Additionally, I took a sociology stats class and if you know me, I have always hated Math. But GOD! I passed the class and it finished earlier than expected and put me at advantage to focus on my other courses!

I am learning everyday the importance and the peace of clinging to God's promises, We hear this all the time but he is not a man that should lie. His thoughts are Good towards you, despite the enemy's word and your words. There is always something to worry and complain about. Life will never be perfect. There will be times in your life that you will look up and ask" Why me God? Everything that possibly can go wrong will. But will you trust him?


Scriptures:

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."



Colossians 3:2  ESV

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on this earth."






Affirmations:

1. I am loved and chosen by God.

2. I am not Forsaken.

3. I am never too far from God's reach.

4. Everyday I wake up and  receive God's mercies.


Prayer: Father God, thank you for giving me grace. Thank you for equipping me with the strength to make it through another week. Help me to wake with a heart of gratitude, teach me how to love to love others like you do. When negative thoughts creep in, remind me that you are the GOD of turn around and are in control! I love you. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Love, Nikia
Founder of The Purpose Room Ministries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

Execution is Key: The Time is NOW!