Senior Year Shattered : #SeniorSznSeries






And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 KJV



The week of March 13th, 2020 was a living nightmare. The Coronavirus had just hit and UWM administrators were sending us tons of emails. Surely, I thought this would blow over in the next couple of weeks. My teachers were giving instructions on how the rest of the semester would look like. There was talk in every social space. At my job, all of the students were relieved and cheering. It was my senior year and I didn't want to think of finishing the rest of my semester online. At the time it seems unfathomable. My senior year was shattered. The events for senior year, graduation, and all of my classes. Our spring break was extended for two weeks and we will resume online instruction for the rest of the semester. On top of that, University housing is closing. It is a "stay at home order" to reduce the spread of the virus. Students have to move out and many don't have places to go, student workers are out of a job with a one-time paid leave. I have been racking my brain for weeks and as this pandemic continues to evolve. I have made myself miserable. I have been depressed and had no motivation to do ANYTHING! I couldn't figure out for the life of me, why was this happening to me and why now? WHY senior year?

I talked with God and I said remember the declaration and promise you made to me?! In 2020, you said that a magnificent shift would happen to me. You told me that 2020 was my year. Since January, I spoke life to that thing and I believed it. It started as a year of purpose. God, I had an internship, 6 classes, and two part-time jobs and my apartment. So again, GOD, I ASK WHY? Carnally, when things happen to us, we always consider it was a gross injustice or a punishment. We take it personally like we are the only ones dealing with it. I realized that this a global pandemic. This thing had affected every person on this planet, world-wide countries, careers, the young, and the sick and every racial group you can think of. I'm grateful that at the beginning of this I had the luxury of stacking up on basic needs and the COVID-19 virus has not directly impacted any of my loved ones.

Financially, God has been more than Good to me! He has provided and I have gotten paid although I am working remotely from home. (mildly). I will take a counter perspective and rejoice! The book of Philippians tells us "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say Rejoice!" (Phill 4:4 KJV). There re is a lot of pain and anxiety in this unprecedented time but I won't complain. God can bring me through! He will not let righteousness be forsaken.

God is using this pandemic and has gotten the intention of every person. He is using this time to minister to the unbeliever and forcing the church to go outside the four walls and preach to the people and demonstrate the love of God. We are in uncomfortable and we cannot afford to rely on our emotions and operate in our flesh. This is a time to pray like never before. In Isaiah, it says  "Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves a little while until the Lord's wrath has passed by." (Isaiah 20:26 NIV). It is a costly distraction. My faith has been tried and will e strengthened during this time. I don't want to remain as naive as the world untouched by the Word of God and shake because I have not put my trust in the Lord. I love the opening verse because everything has a purpose and I pray that you find strength in this time. It is uncomfortable and inconvenient but it doesn't have to be perfect to have a purpose. And when you accept that, you reject fighting against His will and trust by submitting,

Prayer: Father, heal this land. Heal our entire beings. Our minds, bodies, and our spirit. Give us a burden and a desperate urge to turn from our flesh and worldliness to have the spirit to seek you. You are Alpha and Omega and GOD you have the final say. Give us the heart to get on our knees and pray! It is bigger than us.

Praying and Love Always,


Nikia A. Handy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

Execution is Key: The Time is NOW!