2020: New Year, New Beginnings, New Perspective




2020:  A Year of Magnificent Shift




 Happy new year saints! I cannot believe that we have ended 2019 and have stepped into a new year and new decade. 2019 was a year filled of pain, loss, grief, unpacking trauma, and fear  for me. I know that for me 2020 is personal. I am using this year to renew myself. This will be a year in which we grab our future, destiny, and purpose by the horns. In this year, a magnificent shift will take place. The Spirit of the Lord told me that "I have the ability to shift everything you’re your life, old patterns, behaviors, mindsets and shift me into a perspective academically and professionally. Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do exceedingly and above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to him be glory in the church by the Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."



2020 will be a new year that I will shed old layers of my old self. I am asking God to help me work on my nasty attitude, temper, and my self-sabotaging behavior. I have destructive behaviors that affect not only me, but the people connected to me. In part, I have allowed the destructive patterns in my life to run rampant in my life.



Shift: A slight change in position, direction, or tendency



Transform: to change the form of; to change the shape or appearance



Magnificence: Grandeur of appearance , impressively beautiful, elaborate, or extravagant, or striking



God is taking us far beyond what we can physically see. Our physical eyes will no longer be able to guide us, but we will have to see through our spiritual eyes. We will have to claim the unseen and start claiming things as though they were. In past years, I lived below my true potential and I lived in a state of mediocrity. The Glory of God will fall on this year like never! Haggai 2:9 states "The latter Glory of this house will be greater than the former, says the Lord of Hosts. And in the place, I will provide peace, declares the Lord of Hosts." In 2020, will I no longer focus on my past, flaws, and mistakes. I will zero in on my strengths, accomplishments, and future. 



1. Treat yourself well. (Invest in self-care)



2. Believe in who you are. (Ps 139:14)



3. Forget the past, look to the future. (Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV)



In Isaiah, it talks about forgetting the former things and leaving things in the past. Isaiah 43:18 states "Forgetting the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" The Berean Study Bible states "Do not call to mind the former things, pay no attention to the things of old." I am choosing no longer to focus on my past.



Change : To be altered, to undergo variation (KJV)



I don't know about you, but I want to be completely altered and set apart for God. I want to be undergone a spiritual transition so I can be more like God. We must change; our carnal nature must be set apart by God and only then we can truly become who we are called to be.  I have learned that you cannot change overnight. You need the help of God, realize his love for you and the right attitude. Having the right attitude is something I have always struggle with. The Book of Ephesians touches on throwing off our old life. "You were taught, about your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires. to be made new in the attitudes of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like god in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV).



Verses: Eph 4:22, 2 Peter 3:9



In order to be truly changed to happen we must want it. We must want and deeply desire intimacy with our father and want our new life. The verse in Ephesians tells us to throw off our old life. We must believe, and trust that God will do it. True change can take place, but it is timely, tedious and it requires our patience.



"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but anyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9 ESV).





Prayer: Dear Lord,

Help me to throw off my old self along with any desires that are not of you, I want to abide in you, as you with me. I want what you want for me, I don't want to live beneath my true potential. I want to thrive in my purpose and destiny. I declare 2020 will be much greater than my past years. I will see the goodness of your Glory on my life. Fill my life Lord. Amen.



That's all for now saints! Live your best life this year!



Love, Nikia



Founder of TPM Ministries



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

The Need to Protect Black Women and Girls