Trust the Process


                                                                                                                                                               

 "But i trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the               Lord. I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me." (Psalms 13:5 NLT)

 What does it mean to put trust in the Lord? My definition of putting trust in the Lord is to be fully confident in God and believe that he will fulfill his purpose. Not wavering, not resulting to compare myself to others, or compromise. Before we go any further we have to define the word trust. Trust is defined as assured reliance on the character, strength, ability, truth of someone or something. A verse that gives us the perfect representation of trusting God is being in a relationship with God. The scripture Proverbs 25:14 "The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes his covenant known." When we are intimate with God, we can have a true friendship with him. God is concerned about us! The opening scripture is Psalms 31:5 and some context is that David was praying for intervening grace from the Lord. The opening scripture verse 1, David is crying out to God in desperation. He was asking God how long will he be in anguish, how long would have to wait? He was desperate from a touch from the Lord and the ending passage verse 5, he continues to press on. He stated he continues to trust because God has been so good to him. That's the process right there.



   Many times we are desperate to hear from the Lord and crying out to him and we he doesn't answer on our timing. We misinterpret it for God not hearing us. God is concerned about us and hears us clearly. A prophetess at my church once said in a sermon "God ain't hard of hearing." I believe we miss God when we don't trust his timing. We MUST TRUST GOD !!!!!!!! We must trust God for who he is. Essentially, when we don't trust God, we don't trust the process. Now many of you may be saying Nikia, that's a stretch I TRUST God! But if you did, you would remember he's not on OUR timing. Although, we are trying to figure it out. God isn't! He is God and God alone. In a sermon called "Head Winds" by Sarah Jakes Roberts (Awesome by the way!) she said "When we're waiting, God's working! I am going to give you three things i had to trust God with personally.

1. Trust God with my education.



Just recently I was struggling with direction. I was in a season of wilderness and I had graduated with my Associates and planned to transfer to Marquette University. Plot twist haha! God interrupts my plans and sent me to UW-Milwaukee. Before I received this sense of direction, I was miserable. Last minute I changed my mind on going to MU. So I had to go through the application process, apply for financial aid, and compare costs. All of this was difficult for me because I've had a hard time with uncertainty. But God reminds us in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Now looking at this naturally, I was all over the place. The first six months of this year, I had my heart set on going to Marquette and was telling everybody. So when God shook up my plans it forced me to deal with my uncertainty. As believers, we don't have to be anxious or worried about anything. When we experience these moments of uncertainty, we need to yield and submit to God. These moments are crucial and we need to be aware of our thoughts. Although we are uncertain, we don't have to immediately react, but remember that Our Savior, never changes. Through a spiritual perspective, I had to take a moment and step back.

"I had to ask my God, how would this build my spiritual resume?" A mentor of mine, once said trials/tests will help build your spiritual resume." Essentially, a spiritual resume is a reference to all the things you overcome and how God blessed you! God has blessed me all them other times, so if impatient ill just waits for him to show up again. (See 2 Samuel 7:28.)

2. Struggled with having substantial Godly friendships.

I have overcome rejection from friendships but I looked for people to be there for me and that's when I needed God the most. If I thought I needed some advice or God was answering me quick enough I would go to people. I had a few acquaintances but never any friends I could go grab brunch or call up just because. Now, I am an extrovert and friendly. I would wanna go to different places and had this deep longing for Godly friendships but I looked around was alone. When you are lonely or feel those things, SEEK GOD AND GIVE HIM YOUR ALL.

3.  Know who you are in Christ.

 You have to know who is in Christ. Joshua  1:5 tells us "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord will be with you wherever you go. God created us to be great and purpose-filled. We have desires and our plans but we are here to serve the Lord and we need to think towards ourselves as God thinks of us. My favorite verse that tells us exactly who we are is Psalms 139:14 " I will praise thee because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right will!" Whew. Glory be to God! In order for us to walk in the fullness of who are identified in Christ, we have to first examine ourselves. Understand that your thoughts and emotions belong to you and you have to control them not the other way around. Learn to check your emotions at the door, when we let our emotions control it takes us to an ungodly place." Be intentional and understand that thankfulness and contentment is an inside JOB!

 
So at the end of my process, I saw how God worked it out for me in the end. As he always does! I ended up getting accepted to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and I start next Tuesday! Super excited and all glory to God. I learned that my thoughts determine my actions (See Proverbs 23:7). I learned to check my emotions and start relying on him. Godly counsel and spiritual mentors are great but seek God first that will help build your faith in him. Lastly, one of the things that process does is prune you. It brings out the all of the fleshly desires, the bad stuff,  in order for you to access your true identity in Christ. Every negativity, insecurity, doubt, confusion has to be cast down. Your mind has to be brought into total alignment with him. (See 2 Corinthians 10:5) And then, you will begin to trust him and his timing. I've learned God is still the same regardless of my wavering emotions and circumstances. TRUST THE PROCESS!


 Prayer: I will be intentional about trusting God this week. I will approach this week with intentionality and prayer. Although, the process wont be easy it is him who i love and trust. Everyday, I will strive to have the mind of Christ and trust my process. God is in full control and I wont let my emotions and circumstances keep me from trusting him. I trust him with my whole being with my job, marriage, health, finances, and life. He will restore and fulfill my needs. In HIS timing, not mine! In Jesus Mighty name, Amen.

For prayer requests, email purposeroomministries@gmail.com


 As always,

Be encouraged!
Love, Nikia A. Handy



 
              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

The Need to Protect Black Women and Girls