Faith vs. Fear: Trusting God Through The Storm





There is a difference between the two. Faith is trusting GOD during a battle where FEAR keeps you from accomplishing, believing, dreaming, achieving. In 2018, I lived in fear. To be quite honest, in 2016 is where the seed of fear was planted in my heart. I don’t know when, where, or how. I just know it was. In retrospect, 2016 was a difficult year for me. It was my second semester in college and I lost my father in May. I couldn’t believe it. I was so broken, and I questioned how God could do this to me again. And I say again because I lost my father in 2001 at the age of five. I say all thing to say… Do not let fear keep you BOUND. 2016 and 2017 was years that I doubted myself and worried about everything. In 2019, I spent New Year’s Day bringing it in at my church. The youth revival was on Fire and remember the Lord telling me to get up and RUN! Running represent freedom and it requires action and that was my first step in 2019 that I would take.
I ran away fear, doubt, insecurity etc. In that moment, I was done making laps around the church. My legs were on fire and my heart was racing. I felt spiritually drunk and a feeling of euphoria. That me and GOD would conquer this year together. I declared that this year would be better than the former. No worry, doubt, fear would keep me. I fasted the first month of the year to set the foundation. I fasted so God could reveal and use me for His GLORY! He had to uproot old mindsets, negativity, and uncleanliness that didn’t resemble him. My favorite verse that depicts this is Psalm 51:10 “Create a clean heart in me, O God renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence and don’t take your holy spirit from me!”  Let’s unpack the above scripture, the first line says create a clean heart in me. This is a heart cry or heart posture. This first step takes examination of your true self to realize that you need to let GOD in and declutter! The next says “renew a right spirit within me”. Every Christian has the Holy Spirit within them, but have you given him total access. The next line says, “Do not banish me from your presence” Can you imagine how awful it would be to be banished from Gods presence? That would be horrible! The final line says, “don’t take your holy spirit from me.” If we are banished from his presence, we can no longer able to commune with him but also his spirit is no longer be in us. I don’t know about you, but we would be LOST! Just like the beginning and I need the Holy Spirit.
1)      Faith takes trusting in GOD.
But without faith it is impossible to please him.” (Hebrews 11:6) 
What is faith?
·         Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
·         Faith (noun): to persuade, to draw towards anything, to believe; to OBEY!

 Many people put their faith in almost everything! People, things, relationships, uber drivers, restaurants. You trust someone or something whether it is to get you to your destination, a meal, or your heart. But when you come into relationship with God, your faith is centered around it. If you don’t trust in God, why follow him? It is a two-fold relationship, when you trust God, he provides, heals, and strengthens you. After all he is your father and we are his children. For example, a child trusts it parents to love and care for them.
2)      Fear does not belong to you!
“For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
Your fear, anxiety, depression, lust, etc. doesn’t belong to you. Whatever is controlling you from living out your purpose is bondage and God already freed you. In this verse, it states that God hasn’t given us fear but power and love. *Many times, the things that keep us bound is the lack of obedience, boldness, and faith. Imagine who you would be if you believed nothing could hold you back.
Faith is an action word and requires our confidence in God. In other worlds, total reliance on him. You are moved, shaken, or worried because you don't trust his will for your life. Don’t get me wrong, we are human and all have our shortcomings, but our help comes from the Lord. “I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. (Psalms 121). Each of us need to be encouraged and our spiritually journey wont look like anyone else’s. Going forward I have started a new club on campus, Pinky Promise Chapter. Made new friends and LEARNING TO Trust GOD throughout my present difficulties.  I am being stretched and my faith is being refined.
“So be truly glad. There is a wonderful joy ahead, even though we must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold – though your faith is far more than precious gold.” (1 Peter 1:7)
Prayer: Dear God,
Please refine my faith and stretch me. I do not want to operate in fear, but I want to take my faith to the next level by walking in holy boldness. You left the Holy Spirit with me and I have authority over fear. In Jesus Name, Amen.
As always! Be Encouraged,
Tell the DEVIL the BET is still ON!
Love,
Nikia A. Handy
Founder of TPM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

Execution is Key: The Time is NOW!