Designed by Destiny: Perfect in Christ










Design: to create, fashion, execute or construct according to plan; to conceive and plan out in mind.



Destiny: A predetermined course of events often held to an irresistible power designed.





 Today, I did something different in this blog than most, instead of providing opening scriptures I have provided two important definitions of destiny and design. I want you to know that you were designed by destiny. The definition of design means to create, execute, or construct according to a plan. If we look at fashion designers, they have an idea and then the design is visualized and then executed. That is the same way with Jesus, from the beginning of time, God created us and designed us and crafted us perfectly. He then designed our purpose and or destiny! In Jeremiah 1:5, we all know this verse, but for some it may be hard to recall when we are during a battle or feel defeated. The verse states "Before I formed you in your mother's womb; I knew you." In this verse, God told Jeremiah that he had already ordained him as a prophet from birth. He told Jeremiah that he would speak his word to his people. Believe it or not, Jeremiah wasn't hearing it, he made up an excuse and felt inadequate saying "I can’t speak lord; I am too young." The lord replied saying "Be not afraid of their faces; for I am with thee to deliver thee." I FIND THIS SOOO COMFORTING! One thing that I love about the Lord is that he is a perfect gentleman. He never pushes us, but he guides us.



We see the same thing in the Book of Psalms 139:13-16 (MSG) " Oh yes, you shaped me in first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God - You're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! Worship in adoration ----- What a creation! You know me inside and out, you know exactly how I made, bit by bit. In this scripture, David Praises God for his all-seeing providence and I absolutely love how he describes how god designed us. Another scripture that speaks on focusing on the Goal and our destiny is Philippians 3:14. This scripture propels us forward in our destiny. We must approach the goal with a purpose-mindset because we are glory carriers! The Apostle Paul put heavy emphasis on pressing on towards the goal. He humbly said that he was no expert, and this is something we should all embrace. "By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eyes on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward to Jesus. I'm off and running and not turning back"! Yesss Paul! He continues saying "So let’s keep focused on that Goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment. God will clear your blurred vision you'll see it yet!" (Phil 3:14-16 MSG)



We are GLORY CARRIERS and ambassadors of Christ. When we are carrying our destiny inside of us we need to learn how to protect it. Along with our destiny we carry our goals and dreams and visions and game plans inside of us. During all of this, we must be weary of destiny killers! God has set each one of on individual assignments filled with destiny. You can bet Satan can’t stand it, but we MUST PRESS ON! Recently, I had an up close and personal my own experience with a destiny killer. So, what is a destiny killer? Destiny killers are stoppers, destroyers, or spiritual assassins. Your destiny can be killed in multiple ways and here is a few: 1) It may be abandoned: this may be relationships, project, or venture that came to an end. 2) It can be killed/stopped. 3) It can be miscarried. Most commonly, we know about miscarriages during pregnancies. A miscarriage is the loss of a fetus between the 20th week pregnancy. It is a product of negative forces (demonic) which terminate good things before a manifestation.



 He came in the form of a prophet and came to my church and I was super excited to see him because of my last experience with him. His teaching and doctrine were spot on. However, when I walked up to him (on the third night of the revival) The first words he uttered out his mouth was "YOU AGAIN?" Now, you can take that a couple of ways. In that moment, I tried to disregard that because I was so anxious for God to speak to me. He asked me a question about my situation and spoke death over my destiny. I knew I went wrong when I told him about my situation, but I wanted to hear from god. So, my over anxious and impatient self is desperate to here any good thing. He said, "You will take a year off of school and since you are struggling financially right now, it will be much easier in a year." There were no suggestions, no instructions just pure blindness. I rejected that DECREE over my life in the NAME OF JESUS! I am first-generation student and just graduated from the College of Lake County. I will go on to complete my bachelor's degree at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee! I know it sounds crazy but despite what it looks like that awful experience left me with embarrassment and the cautiousness of letting anyone prophesize over me! I don't care who they are or what big title they have. Use your discernment and trust God over man any day! I love how god works because at the end of the day, when my emotions and circumstances waver, GOD never changes! God told me after that "Hmph, that's what you get. Be patient and trust me!" I was relying on a man to get to god before me. Saints, we know, and I had enormous conviction that god isn't a respecter of persons. His capability to shake up and reveal to me is the same capacity of a prophet, pastor, or ministerial leader. When you seek man, you need approval and validation. You will die in that rejection and brothers and sisters don't do it. Trust that God will help you in that process.



We just need the Faith to trust him and the process. Hebrews 11:1 tells us "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen, ONCE AGAIN substance of things HOPED FOR, and THE EVIDENCE OF THE THINGS UNSEEN. I would have accepted that prophesy over of my life if I didn't believe my GOD has already went ahead of me. Start speaking life over yourself and watch your situation change! Our destiny is inside of our bellies and it must be brought forward because it was designed my God. When you pursue your destiny the enemy's tactics are distractions and he want you to be offended, discontent, doubtful, and faithless. As we press on we discover that the constant pursuit that destiny requires. I was excited to discover my purpose because I was hungry for God, and thirsty to discover who I am in Christ. Men and Women of God don't let this world fool you and don't be defeated by the enemy!!!! We were designed by God and he had our destiny in mind, our ending when he created us. He ordained us to do work all. There is so much to do work in the Kingdom and to be ordained, we must trust that we are divinely designed by God. I love you guys!!!



As always,

Be encouraged

Nikia A. Handy



For questions and prayer requests email purposeroomministries@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

Nothing You Go Through Will Be Wasted

The Need to Protect Black Women and Girls